Save, share and edit files with colleagues on your Mac online
Dropbox is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, and has offices around the world. It's a free online file storage solution that lets you drag and drop files, sync them, and instantly share them with anyone. This is useful when you need to share photos, videos, music, and documents between multiple computers. This program is used by more than 700 million users and has created more than 500 thousand working groups.
How to use it?
- Create an account using Dropbox for Mac.
- Drag your files to the Dropbox folder. You have 2 GB of free space for this.
- That's it, then you can start working with your files. Save them, sort them by folders, and share them with others even if they don't have Dropbox. Just send a shared link to a file or folder by copying it to an email, chat, or text message.
Share any file or folder
Submit links to any material, from photos and videos to archived folders. Share links and files from anywhere with your Mac. There are no size restrictions - you can share files that are the size of your cloud storage.
Dropbox is a great cloud solution for coordinating collaboration and adding files to centralized storage. This is a considerable space for coordinating work, where you can upload content and where it is convenient to share files, add descriptions to folders, and distribute tasks.
Learn in real-time about all actions with shared files
The cloud service immediately shows who added, edited, deleted, renamed, or moved the network file. You will be able to know the exact time of the file change. Any changes to the shared file will be automatically saved and synced for all recipients.
Create a team to work together on a project. Add a list of participants and send them an invitation to a shared folder. Communicate with your colleagues by leaving comments in certain sections of the documents and making notes for the members of the working group, who will be notified of the feedback.
Configure permissions to act with a folder
Easily manage your access rights so that individuals can only perform specific actions. If you don't want certain users to edit the file, give them access only for viewing. Or vice versa, if you need the help of another person - provide access to editing. You can also change these permissions as you work.
Additionally, you can password protect a shared link, set a link expiration date, and disable file downloads. Continuous automatic cloud backup would allow you to recover any lost material from the last 30 days if someone deleted very important files. If you have lost the device on which your Dropbox was - you can remotely clear any device.
Adobe, Zoom, Autodesk, Canva, AWS, Notion, Trello, Pixlr X, Prezi, MindMeister, Procreate, and much more work with Dropbox! This will help you greatly simplify the work process.
Should I download Dropbox for Mac?
We think, yes, because it's really convenient for business, personal and family use.
- Scientists share images from their telescope that could reveal a new planet.
- Researchers are collaborating at the Gladstone Institute to create healthy cells to fight cardiovascular disease.
- The International Refugee Relief Project increases the visibility of its cases and help people.
You can use it too! When all your files are in one place, you work faster.
- 2 GB of free space for free
- Well presented
- Easy to use
- High-quality file transfer
- Additionally connected applications that facilitate work
- No status bars
- Synchronization slows down your Mac