How to unlink Facebook and Instagram
If you want to unlink your Facebook and Instagram accounts, it’s actually quite simple. All you need to do is take a few steps and in no time, the two accounts will be disconnected from each other. We will tell you how to unlink Facebook and Instagram.
Table of contents:
- How to unlink Facebook and Instagram from Facebook
- How to unlink Facebook and Instagram from Instagram
- How to Limit Your Instagram-Facebook Interaction
- In Conclusion
How to unlink Facebook and Instagram from Facebook
To unlink Facebook and Instagram, you can follow the steps below:
- Log in to your Facebook account.
- Go to Settings & Privacy > Settings.
- Click on Apps and Websites in the left-hand menu.
- Find Instagram in the list of connected apps and click Edit next to it.
- Click Disconnect App, then confirm by clicking Remove App again when prompted.
- You’ll be taken back to the main settings page where you should see that Instagram has been removed from the list of connected apps and websites.
- Once you have completed this process, your Instagram account will no longer be linked to your Facebook account but you will still be able to use both independently.
If you want to re-link your Facebook and Instagram accounts in the future, follow the same steps above but instead of clicking Disconnect App and Remove App when prompted, simply click Connect APP instead. This will link the two accounts again so that posts can once more be shared across them.
How to unlink Facebook and Instagram from Instagram
If you want to unlink your Facebook and Instagram accounts, then the process is easy. Here’s how to do it:
- Open the Instagram app on your device and login with your credentials.
- Navigate to your profile page by tapping the profile icon in the bottom-right corner of the app.
- Tap on “Settings” in the top-right corner of your profile page.
- In settings, select “Accounts” from the menu options that appear at the top of the screen.
- Scroll down until you find “Linked Accounts” and tap on it.
- Select Facebook and then tap “Unlink from Facebook”.
- Confirm the unlink by selecting “Unlink” when prompted.
- Once you have successfully unliked your accounts, you will receive a confirmation message indicating that the process is complete.
You can now enjoy using Instagram without being connected to your Facebook account. If you ever want to link the two again, follow these same instructions and select “Link to Facebook” instead of “Unlink from Facebook”.
How to Limit Your Instagram-Facebook Interaction
The good news is that you can limit your interaction between Instagram and Facebook if you choose. It’s not easy, but it is possible.
- First, turn off the “Share Your Story to Facebook” feature in Instagram. This will prevent your Instagram posts from automatically being shared on Facebook. To do this, open up the Settings menu on Instagram and select “Privacy & Security,” then toggle off the “Share Your Story to Facebook” feature.
- Next, turn off the “Connect Accounts” option for both apps by going into the settings of each app—Instagram first, then Facebook—and unchecking the box next to Connect Accounts. This will make sure that you don’t cross-post content between the two apps.
- Finally, if you want to completely separate your Instagram and Facebook accounts, you can create a new account on Instagram that is not connected to your existing Facebook profile. You’ll have to set up a new username and profile information, but once you’ve done that, you can use the app without ever having to worry about it being linked to your Facebook account.
By taking these steps, you can keep your Instagram posts from appearing in your Facebook feed or vice versa.
Unlinking your Facebook and Instagram accounts is a simple process. The above-listed steps will help keep your personal data safe, enhance security, and give you more control over how your information is used by both companies. By unlinking them, you can enjoy the benefits of two powerful platforms without worrying about data privacy concerns or being overwhelmed by notifications. Keep in mind that once you’ve disconnected these accounts, you’ll need to log into each one separately if you want to use their features.