How to turn a Live Photo into a video on your iPhone
If you’re looking for a way to turn your Live Photo into a video on your iPhone, there are actually several methods that you can use. In this article, we’ll walk you through all the different methods and show you how to make the most out of your Live Photos.
Table of contents:
- How to save a Live Photo as video in iOS 16
- How to save Live Photo as video in iOS 15 or earlier
- How to use Loop or Bounce with Live Photos
- How to use Siri Shortcuts for Live Photos
- In conclusion
How to save a Live Photo as video in iOS 16
Once you have taken a Live Photo using your iOS 16 device, you can easily save it as a video file. This is especially useful if you want to share the Live Photo with someone who does not use Apple devices. Here’s how:
- Open the Photos app on your iOS 16 device and select the Live Photo that you want to save in video format.
- Tap the Share button at the bottom-left corner of the photo window, then tap Save Video.
- Your video will be saved in Camera Roll where it can be easily shared with others via messaging apps or social media platforms, such as Instagram and YouTube. To view your new video, open the Photos app again and select the Camera Roll tab.
Once your video is saved, you can easily share it with anyone on any device.
How to save Live Photo as video in iOS 15 or earlier
To save your Live Photo as a video in iOS 15 or earlier, do the following:
- You must first open the Photos app on your device.
- Once opened, find the Live Photo and tap “Edit” on the top-right corner of the photo. This will bring up a set of controls at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap “Duplicate” and select “Duplicate as Still Photo” from the options that appear in the pop-up window. The new still image will be created alongside the original live photo.
- You will now be able to select this image for export as a video. To do so, simply go back to your photos library and locate this new still image.
- Then tap “Share” located at the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- Finally, select “Save Video” from the options presented and you will be able to save your Live Photo as a video.
With this method, you can easily turn your favorite Live Photos into videos that can be shared with friends and family or simply kept safe in your photo library on iOS 15 or earlier.
How to use Loop or Bounce with Live Photos
Using Loop and Bounce with Live Photos is a great way to add more life and action to your photos. With Loop, your photo will continuously move in an endless loop. With Bounce, the photo will play forward and then backward and repeat.
To use either of these effects on an existing Live Photo, do the following:
- Open the Photos app on your iPhone or iPad and select the Live Photo you’d like to edit.
- Then tap the “Edit” button in the top-right corner of the screen. You should now see three options at the bottom of your screen: Select, Filters, and live (Live Photos icon).
- Tap on “live” to access all of the editing tools for Live Photo, including Loop, Bounce, Volume up/down, and Live Photo effects.
- Select the desired effect (Loop or Bounce) to apply it.
- After you’ve applied your Loop or Bounce effect, tap “Done” in the top-right corner of the screen to save and finish editing your Live Photo.
You can now share your Live Photos with friends and family.
How to use Siri Shortcuts for Live Photos
By using Siri Shortcuts, you can easily turn your Live Photos into GIFs, create stunning slideshows, or even adjust the brightness and contrast of the image. Here’s how to use Siri Shortcuts for your Live Photos:
- Open the Shortcuts app on your device and tap on “Create Shortcut”.
- Select “Live Photo” from the menu and choose your desired action — such as creating a GIF, adjusting brightness or contrast, or creating a slideshow — from the list of options.
- Select the Live Photo you want to use and then add any additional settings or parameters for your action.
- Tap on “Done” in the upper right corner and name your Shortcut.
- Now, when you’re ready to create something new with your Live Photos, just tap on your shortcut from the list of actions and let Siri do all the work. You can also assign a custom voice command to make it even easier to run your Shortcuts.
Now that you know how to use Siri Shortcuts for Live Photos, get creative and start making some amazing memories.
Once you have completed the steps above, you should now have a shareable video of your Live Photo. You can use this to post on social media and share with friends and family. The process is simple and takes only a few seconds to complete. With this knowledge, you’ll be able to easily turn all your Live Photos into fun videos that anyone can enjoy.