How to Set a GIF as a Live Wallpaper on Your iPhone
Once you’ve found the perfect GIF to animate your iPhone, setting it up as a live wallpaper couldn’t be simpler. We will tell you how you can do it.
Table of contents:
- What do you need to set a GIF as a Live Wallpaper
- How to add GIFs from your photo library as live wallpapers on iPhones
- How to use Dark Mode compatible GIFs for dynamic backgrounds on iPhones
- How to set up 3D Touch/Haptic Touch options for live wallpapers
- In conclusion
What do you need to set a GIF as a Live Wallpaper
Setting a GIF as a Live Wallpaper on iOS is easier than you think. First, you’ll need to ensure that your device is running the latest version of iOS. Once your device is up-to-date, open the Settings app and navigate to “Wallpaper”. Tap “Choose a New Wallpaper” and then select “Live”. From there, you can either choose from pre-installed live photos or upload one of your own images by tapping “Photos” at the top of the screen and selecting an image from your Photo library.
To make it a Live Photo, tap the play button in the bottom-left corner after choosing an image. You can also turn any existing GIF into a Live Photo by pressing and holding down on the image until it starts playing. Once your Live Photo is ready, set it as your wallpaper and enjoy!
You can also find a selection of GIFs online that have been specifically made to be used as Live Wallpapers on iOS devices. To make use of these GIFs, you’ll need to save them onto your device by copying or downloading them from the web. Then press and hold down on the image until it starts playing to convert it into a Live Photo. Finally, follow the same steps above to set the image as your wallpaper.
How to add GIFs from your photo library as live wallpapers on iPhones
Adding GIFs as live wallpapers to your iPhone is simple and straightforward. Here’s how you do it:
- First, launch the Photos app on your iPhone and select the GIF you want to use as a wallpaper.
- Now, tap on the share button at the bottom-left corner of the screen (it looks like a box with an arrow pointing out).
- You’ll see several options for sharing or saving this photo. One of them is called “Use as Wallpaper.” Tap on that option.
- On the next page, select “Live Photo” from the list of options at the top of the screen. This will turn your static image into a moving one, perfect for a wallpaper.
- Once you’ve selected your Live Photo, use the “Move and Scale” option at the bottom of the screen to position it correctly on the screen.
- Finally, tap “Set” in the top-left corner and select either “Set Lock Screen,” “Set Home Screen,” or both, depending on where you want your GIF to appear.
And that’s all there is to it! Now you have a cute little GIF as your wallpaper that makes your iPhone unique and fun.
How to use Dark Mode compatible GIFs for dynamic backgrounds on iPhones
One of the best features of Dark Mode-compatible GIFs is that they can be used to create dynamic backgrounds on iPhones. This means you can customize your device with a wide range of colors, patterns, and images, while still maintaining the dark appearance of Dark Mode. Here’s how to do it:
- Find a Dark Mode-compatible GIF image online or create one using an app, such as GIPHY Create.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone and select Wallpaper > Choose a New Wallpaper > Live (or Animated).
- Select the GIF image from your library and adjust its size to fit your device display.
- Tap Set and then choose whether you want to set:
– the GIF image as your Lock Screen, Home Screen, or both.
– for iPhone X and later models you can also select Dark Appearance Dims Wallpaper if it is available.
Now you have a dynamic background on your device that looks great in Dark Mode.
How to set up 3D Touch/Haptic Touch options for live wallpapers
One of the most innovative and creative ways to add a personal touch to your device’s home screen is by setting up 3D Touch or Haptic Touch options for live wallpapers. Live wallpapers bring your wallpaper to life, adding animations and subtle movements as you interact with it on the lock screen.
Setting up 3D Touch or Haptic Touch for live wallpapers isn’t difficult. In fact, it only takes a few simple steps.
- First, make sure that your device supports 3D Touch or Haptic Touch capabilities by checking its settings. If found compatible, open the Settings app and navigate to Wallpaper > Choose a New Wallpaper. Select Live from the list at the bottom of the page, then choose an animated wallpaper.
- Now, look for the 3D Touch (or Haptic Touch) option which allows you to set up a specific action when your device is pressed firmly against the lock screen. For example, you can configure it so that whenever you press firmly on the live wallpaper, it changes to another one.
- You can also choose to have the wallpaper launch an app or open the Control Center when pressed firmly. To do this, tap and hold on the desired animation until a pop-up appears with three options: Set Lock Screen, Set Home Screen, or Do Nothing. Select your desired action from this menu and then press “Set”. Your 3D/Haptic Touch settings are now complete.
Using 3D/Haptic Touch with live wallpapers is a great way to add some personality and flair to your device’s home screen. With just a few simple steps, you can have an interactive wallpaper that changes when pressed firmly against the lock screen.
Once you have the perfect GIF for your iPhone wallpaper, it’s time to set it up. First, open the Settings app and select Wallpaper. Next, tap Choose a New Wallpaper, then select Live and pick your GIF from the list of options. Finally, adjust your screen brightness if needed and choose Set to confirm your selection. All in all, setting a live GIF as your wallpaper on an iPhone makes for an interesting visual experience that will be sure to draw attention from friends and family.