Proven compression & extraction utility for your device
RAR for Android is a mobile version of the classic program for compressing and unpacking files.
Main features of the program
RAR for Android is considered one of the best file management tools, allowing you to transfer all the features of WinRAR to Android devices.
RAR for Android allows you to work with files in such formats on your smartphone or tablet:
Users can view each file's content, extract documents, and open them inside the program. Besides opening documents, you can create RAR and ZIP files in RAR. You need to select the file for compression, enter a new file name, and set a password for the file. The file will be saved in the device memory and can be shared with other users.
The compressed file opener has a simple interface and accessible options that allow users to open/compress files quickly and easily. The file explorer will enable you to navigate through folders on your device and add any files for compression or extraction.
1. Added USB OTG support for a part of Android 11+ devices.
2. Faster AES encryption on ARM64 devices with ARM cryptographic extensions.
3. Former 16 KB limit of archive comment in gz archives is removed. It allows to unpack gz archives storing large data blocks in the comment field. Gz comments are displayed in archive information window.
- RAR and ZIP formats
- Multi-part archive files
- Archives can be encrypted and password-protected
- Command prompt available
- Android 4.2 operating system